Surf Lessons and Classes Schedule For Spring/Summer:
Here at the Oregon Surf Shop,we are passionate about surfing and pretty much all things ocean related. We all surf, stand up paddle and in general try to spend as much time as possible playing in the ocean. We believe that experiencing the North Pacific Ocean and its beauty while staying warm and safe can be an inspiring and life changing experience. We have a crew of devoted, trained and friendly instructors ready to help get you on your way to a life in the water. Disclaimer: Oregon Surf Shop assumes no financial responsibility for you quitting your job on Monday and moving to the beach! Classes cap out at 10 people total and the student to instructor ratio will be 5 to 1 at the most. We rotate out our rental gear on a consistent basis so you can count on gear that is in good shape and will keep you warm and cozy. All rates below include all the gear,board,suit,boots,gloves and a hood.
- Surfing Classes will be on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flat water Stand up Paddle boarding lessons will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Cost of class is $99. Space is limited.
- If the class schedule does not work with your schedule, please call us at 877-339-5672 and we can arrange a private lesson for you. Private lesson rate is $120.
- Please call in advance and make reservations by 4pm the day before you want to take a class. A $20 deposit will be required. Students will need to pick up their gear and wet suits at the surf shop when it opens at 10am. The instructor will determine the best location for the lessons pending the weather conditions and the current tides. Gear will not be due back until 10am the following day. The lesson includes a 24 hour use of equipment.
- Classes will run from 12pm-2pm. In the event the instructor feels the weather or water conditions are unsafe or unsuitable for the scheduled time for that day, the instructor may reschedule the class for an earlier or later time, or cancel. Prior notification will be given.
- Two day surf clinics will be offered on Tuesday-Wednesday and Saturday-Sunday pending a 3 person per class minimum enrolment. Clinics will offer ocean education, basic strength training, combined with stand up paddle boarding and surfing drills performed in a calm water environment. These drills will prepare and teach you skills needed to enhance and expedite your open ocean surfing experience. The clinic will include a gym, lake and ocean session; totaling 6 hours of instruction and training.
Cost of Clinic is $225. Please call in advance to confirm that a clinic is going to run (minimum of 3 persons) and to make reservations by 4pm the day before a clinic is to start. A $40 deposit will be required. Space is limited.
- Private clinic instruction is available; please call for prices and availability.
- Open ocean Stand up Paddle Boarding lessons as well as open ocean Stand up Paddle Boarding tours are available; Please call for prices and availability.